One of Woody & Wilma’s absolute favourite training treats is Tuna cake, otherwise known as Tuna loaf or Mackerel cake [With Mackerel instead of Tuna]. It’s quick and easy to make a whole load of treats that will last you and your dogs for plenty of training sessions.
- 2 tins of Tuna in oil
- 2 eggs
- 160g of Flour [I used wholemeal so it was slightly healthier for the dogs]
This recipe is so straight forward [Which is why I love making it for the dogs] you just have to mix all the ingredients together.
- Measure out the Flour into your bowl.
2. Crack your two eggs into the same bowl.
3. Add both tins of Tuna & mix everything together to form a thick paste-like consistency. If the mixture is slightly too sticky just add a bit more flour & mix it in.
4. Spread it out on a large plate [I must admit it does look a bit gross at this point] and place it in the microwave for 4 minutes, turn it over & cook for another minute.
5. Chop it up into bite sized pieces. This will probably last us 5 or 6 training sessions. I split it up and freeze each portion until we need them.
You can also add a crushed clove of garlic as a little extra if you’d like. What are your favourite homemade treats to make for your dogs? We’d love to hear!
Megan, Woody & Wilma